[Mageia-discuss] Mageia Forums

Paul Willard paul at mcrides.co.nz
Wed Sep 22 22:31:25 CEST 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: mageia-discuss-bounces at mageia.org [mailto:mageia-discuss-bounces at mageia.org] On Behalf Of André Machado
Sent: Thursday, 23 September 2010 7:14 a.m.
To: Mageia general discussions
Subject: Re: [Mageia-discuss] Mageia Forums

As said yesterday on IRC, there was a discussion if all foruns would be centered in only one site (ex: es.mageiaforums.org or fr.mageiaforums.org) or whether each international community had its own and independent. Was decided by this second one.

An user what is mantainer of mandrivausers.com offered himself to turn your forum in the official english-speaking mageia forum and it would be transferred to mageiausers.org. But some issues arose:

1. currently, mandrivausers.org uses IPB, what is not free as in the freedom, even gratis. However, that's IPB installation is Legal. The issue was: is ethical to use a non-free forum software to be a free software main forum project?

2. We don't know if mageiausers.org will be the official Mageia forums or only the Mageia english-speakers official forum.

3. In the event of this site become the official forum, does the IPB license allow changing of Domain name?

Note that I refer to the official forum as that what distro directors and main delevopers will be "aways" present and we will can give our views about many questions and decide Mageia future.

--- sinnerbofh at gmail.com escreveu:

Just to answer those questions:
1. I understand the concept and discussion, but do not agree.
2. Nobody can give me a clear decision, and every morning I wake up the story has changed :)
3. Yes

Paul Willard.