[Mageia-discuss] Mageia Forums

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 22 23:20:35 CEST 2010

2010/9/22 Frank Griffin <ftg at roadrunner.com>:

> I'm a dev, although not very much here.  Devs want considered,
> structured input, and not several hundred one-line posts from
> technically uninformed people giving their personal opinion on technical
> issues.

I see your point as I see other devel's points in the same line. The
situation is similar to the garage, I turn up with my car and tell the
mechanic "There's something wrong with that car." - that's similar to
your one-liner user forum posting. Of course there is something wrong,
otherwise I would not have visited the repair shop in the first place!
The mechanic is similar to you developpers, he is happy when he can
lay his hands on a car without all those remarks from car owners who
can't even find their 8 cylinder big block when you open the hood! But
a communication between those 2 entities is unavoidable - the problem
is to make it as easy as possible for *both*.

IMHO there are places like Bugzilla but I also think that some kind of
interpreter entity and/or platform could be helpful for both sides