[Mageia-discuss] Mageia Forums

Remy CLOUARD shikamaru at mandriva.org
Wed Sep 22 23:24:30 CEST 2010

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 08:39:57PM +0200, Michael Scherer wrote:
> - you cannot read them offline ( in, when you commute, like what I do )
>
> - most of the time, you cannot read them on your phone ( see the commute
> part )

As far as I’m concerned, it’s even worse as I’m from monday to friday
morning on a mobile broadband connection. If you haven’t used that,
imagine going back to a 56K connection. That’s exactly what I have at
the moment so I’m not going to have to wait several hours until a page
of a forum is fully loaded (several hundreds of kilobytes at least).

Forum is a no-go for me, while I can only spend some kilobytes for
getting the mails sent today with offlineimap,
Same goes for irc, which is just efficient for instant messaging.

For the above reason, I’m not going to change for a forum which will
load tons of images and waste my bandwidth. :-)

Regards,
--
Rémy CLOUARD