[Mageia-discuss] Artwork - Mageia Logo contest

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 23 13:10:28 CEST 2010

02010/9/23 Graham Lauder <yorick_ at openoffice.org>:

> Decisions need to be made with regard to pallett and style.  Graphic artists
> and Marketing will need a style manual first before there is a decision about
> the logo.  To do that there needs to be an identifying of target market
> because different pallets appeal to different demographics and engender
> different reactions.  We need to identify the sort of emotions we want to
> engender in that target market.
>
> We need to go to the market determined to succeed, so that when the world
> hears Linux they see and think and feel Mageia.  Choosing logos and pallets
> and marketing materials is not something you leave to a lottery.

+ 100 !

That's what we need and what Mandriva lacked all the time : a marketing expert
Thx for bringing this topic to a professional level.

I do not regard the current work as minor, pls don't get me wrong.
There are some nice looking ones, no doubt. But for a project logo for
a worldwide player (even if not in the business world) it needs a bit
more professionality in the whole process.

wobo