[Mageia-discuss] Artwork - Mageia Logo contest

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Thu Sep 23 13:51:01 CEST 2010

Le 2010-09-23 07:37, Mihai Dobrescu a écrit :
> As simple user I must say I have always needed Mandriva to look a bit
> geek-er :D
> I mean, some look to make it get out of the line of other linux distros.
> A good logo and a good look (in KDE also) are needed.
> Please take the time, do not decide on the rush, these are sometimes
> most important things in the eye of the newbies and unexperienced users
> in order to gain them.

You can also look at it from a practical point of view.

If a logo is decided soon enough, then the whole of the graphics art
department can get together to finalize and refine. Are we looking for a
completed graphics package from the logo competition people or we
looking for a logo concept that approaches that type of quality output
but willing to put in more effort once the logo is adopted?

Finding a logo concept and refining it as a team effort may in fact
prove more time/quality efficient. IMHO, a logo should not be discounted
if it has not been given that polished look because it may be a great
fit for Mageia regardless.

Marc