[Mageia-discuss] Artwork - Mageia Logo contest

Thorsten van Lil tvl83 at gmx.de
Thu Sep 23 14:19:40 CEST 2010

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: mageia-discuss-bounces at mageia.org
[mailto:mageia-discuss-bounces at mageia.org] Im Auftrag von Graham Lauder
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 23. September 2010 12:58
An: Mageia general discussions
Betreff: Re: [Mageia-discuss] Artwork - Mageia Logo contest

On Thursday 23 Sep 2010 21:54:11 Romain d'Alverny wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 11:47, Anne nicolas <ennael1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> So it is definitively not the best place to organize a poll, if any
> >> (while it might be to present the logos).
> >
> > Maybe but the easiest to setup for now :)
>
> Plus, I am not sure we're yet to organize a poll. Although we do need
> a logo, we do need to take the time too to review the guidelines,
> proposals, improve designs and then launch a vote process.
>
> Romain

Decisions need to be made with regard to pallett and style.  Graphic artists

and Marketing will need a style manual first before there is a decision
about
the logo.  To do that there needs to be an identifying of target market
because different pallets appeal to different demographics and engender
different reactions.  We need to identify the sort of emotions we want to
engender in that target market.

We need to go to the market determined to succeed, so that when the world
hears Linux they see and think and feel Mageia.  Choosing logos and pallets
and marketing materials is not something you leave to a lottery.

--
Graham Lauder,

INGOTs Assessor Trainer
(International Grades in Open Technologies)
www.theingots.org

100% agree with Graham.
The whole appearance must be coherent. There are special criteria which
makes a good logo/web appearance, which I and possible most other layperson
don't know.

The best way would be, there is a marketing team which works out some
proposals. The users can then vote for their favorite proposal. Maybe Graham
can form such a marketing team? Are there other people with (professional)
marketing and design experience?

What about Nuno Pinheiro? I would really love to see him working on that.
Would be worth to me some donations :)

Regards,
TeaAge