[Mageia-discuss] commercial support

herman herman at aeronetworks.ca
Fri Sep 24 10:25:36 CEST 2010

On Fri, 2010-09-24 at 01:16 -0700, Wolfgang Bornath wrote:

> If there is a group of people who want to do commercial support then
> set up another organisation outside Mageia, so Mageia is not involved
> in such contracts.
Yes, but that implies that the Mageia license terms must be sufficiently
free that 3rd party commercial support can be done legally, using
Mageia.

For example, one can legally do 3rd party installs and support with
Debian and Scientific, but not with Redhat, Mandriva, Suse or even
CentOS, due to their license and trademark terms (yes I know lots of
people do regardless, but they haven't read/understood the license
terms!).