[Mageia-discuss] On the icons, desktop themes and related stuff

Mihai Dobrescu msdobrescu at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 16:59:46 CEST 2010

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 5:09 PM, Wolfgang Bornath <molch.b at googlemail.com>wrote:

> 2010/9/24 Mihai Dobrescu <msdobrescu at gmail.com>:
> >
> > BTW, if there's something I hate about the current look of MDV, that's
> the
> > trash can in KDE (I don't know Gnome...). It looks like a cheap corroded
> > trash can to me - a tinpot. Pelase, reconsider it!
> > I hope I did not hurt (that much) anybody's feelings...
>
> Trash cans have to look cheap and corroded, it's their fate.
>
> SCNR!

LOL
Although I love Oxygen Team work and I consider it the best theme ever
(matter of taste), in this case I prefer their alternative trash can. The
default trash can (the current one) looks better if it is bigger, but at my
desktop size looks faded (I have it on an Ion + Atom machine of 1280x1024
pixels).
As regular user, I miss some theme tool to assign one icon for a selected
theme in KDE, especially when it is an icon that changes its look depending
on the state of the trash.

I would like a redesign of the default trash can, though..