[Mageia-discuss] Think about bugzilla monitoring?

Juergen Harms Juergen.Harms at unige.ch
Fri Sep 24 17:04:05 CEST 2010

On 09/24/2010 02:15 PM, Gustavo Ariel Giampaoli wrote:
> I mean, I have a problem, I report the bug, and I keep bothering until
> someone answer me.

Again: we are talking about a community distro - you, being on this list
at this time, are "community elite" (smiley). You know, I know whom to
keep bothering - the average user who finally ends up submitting a bug
does not: if Mageia has been created, it has been created for the
community at large. Sure: the user submitting a bug must play his role
clarifying question, checking issues. That is one point.

The other point is that somewhere in Mageia there needs to be a an
anchor for "bugzilla awareness" - just not let bugzilla simmer along,
make sure that bugzilla handling fulfills its job as an essential part
of Mageia QA. No offense, my experience is that - except during periods
of release finalisation - it did simmer, at least in the average - even
if there were some very devoted and expeditive bug assignees. By the
way, in case Mageia becomes a rolling distribution, also that essential
period will go away.

I do not suggest a commity, I suggest that this function figures in the
task recognised as essential, and is somehow pursued - plus some ideas
how that could be done.