[Mageia-discuss] Mageia's objectives and foundations

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 24 20:04:16 CEST 2010

2010/9/24 Marc Paré <marc at marcpare.com>:

> As an example many of us are still unclear as to if you are part of the core
> group as you seem to have the inside knowledge of the goings on.

Ok, to clear this up:
I am not a member of the core group who made the decisions and started
the project.

I was involved in some discussions long before all this started, even
years before when we discussed a foundation plan. And I was also
involved in discussions a couple of weeks before this started and
during the starting process, but not as decision maker, only as
someone who was asked his opinion about what was planned.

The core group did this "opinion gathering" with several people as
written in the initial announcement:
"It was not an impulsive decision. We all spoke a lot before: former
employees, Cooker contributors and users' communities. We collected
opinions and reactions in the past weeks as we needed to get some kind
of global agreement and to gather, before going ahead."

I was one of those as a long time supporter and community monkey.