[Mageia-discuss] Mailist etiquette -- gentle reminder

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Fri Sep 24 20:21:34 CEST 2010

Le 2010-09-24 14:04, Remco Rijnders a écrit :
> On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 07:50:27PM +0200, Wolfgang Bornath wrote:
>> 2010/9/24 Remco Rijnders<remco at webconquest.com>:
>>>
>>> I think it would help if these etiquette rules would be part of the
>>> confirmation message people receive when signing up to these lists. I know
>>> everyone is mega-utterly busy, but a few minutes here might save a lot of
>>> time and annoyance over and over :-)
>>
>> Sorry, but reality shows that nobody reads such confirmation messages
>> except for the part where a password is given or other such
>> information. Did you read the whole confirmation message from mailman
>> for this list? I did not.
>
> I would have if I had not recognised it was nothing but the default
> mailman message.
>
> Or perhaps a pointer to a page with etiquette information instead of the
> obvious that gets appened to every post on this list now.
>
> It may not help for all cases (if indeed as you claim nobody reads these),
> but surely it can't hurt?
>
> Remco

I really think it is easier if some people accept the responsibility of
doing a gentle reminder every now and then to the list. It takes seconds
to do this. However, it should be sent by someone who has an official
designation to make impact/clout. This is normally done through the
email identifier, in this case, "____ at mageia.org". It can be a temporary
assignation till the organization is more structured. I am surprised
that the email address assignation has not been addressed. It is such an
easy thing to set up.

Marc