[Mageia-discuss] Mailist etiquette -- gentle reminder

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Fri Sep 24 21:32:15 CEST 2010

Le 2010-09-24 15:26, Dick Gevers a écrit :
> On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 16:12:58 -0300, Gustavo Ariel Giampaoli wrote about Re:
> [Mageia-discuss] Mailist etiquette -- gentle reminder:
>
>> Is it fair? I don't think so. But to expect that people read the rules
>> and follow them is to a little "naive". Most people learn the rules
>> using the mailing list and forums; and after some "older" user tells
>> them "don't".
>
> I merely meant (and should prob. have said so) that the admin/whoever
> could ask the "offenders" to have a look at the Netiquette page ...
>
> Cheers,
> =Dick Gevers=

I think all is needed is a gentler reminder. The rationale being that
you do want to foster discussion (this is what mailists are all about)
and try to not offend people. We all come from different nationalities
and cultures.

I can't imagine that there would not be a type of guideline page on the
Mageia website regarding the etiquette expected on the Mageia mailists.
But even if the etiquette is broken by a user, that user should be
gently reminded to follow it with common sense arguments. Most people
will listen.

It just needs to be a simple reminder. Let's keep it simple.

Marc