[Mageia-discuss] commercial support

André Machado afmachado at dcemail.com
Fri Sep 24 22:25:12 CEST 2010

--- rdalverny at gmail.com escreveu:
From: "Romain d'Alverny" <rdalverny at gmail.com>
To: Mageia general discussions <mageia-discuss at mageia.org>
Subject: Re: [Mageia-discuss] commercial support
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 21:59:55 +0200
On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 21:24, Dick Gevers <dvgevers at xs4all.nl>
wrote:
>> If the need arises, what problem would there be if any number of Mageia
>> volunteers set up a commercial "Mageia Service SA" with a license from the
>> Mageia non-profit association to provide such commercial support? They
>> could make a contract that the profits from the SA would go to the
>> association and/or the shareholders and/or the employed volunteers at
>> certain agreed percentages of the earnings.
>This  is  something  we expect and welcome to happen: companies
>providing
>commercial support and services from and around the distribution.
>We expect this to happen as they would need, to be consistent with
>their own business, to contribute back to the Mageia project: be it
>upstream patches, sponsoring, resources, developers time, any other
>role, etc. (of course, such a contribution would not, in any case,
>alter the governance of the project).
>Indeed, licensing and guidelines for this to happen smoothly have to
>be thought out properly.
>Romain

For now, I think that a simply page with contact informations about who can
provide free and commercial support is enough. This page should have a disclaimer
that Mageia Foundation is not responsible or affiliated with these professionals.

Futer, will can exists a formal company to offer professional support to Mageia
(we can take advantage of that from guy what posted "Suggestion" message such that
part from that's company profits be reverted from Mageia Foundation.

We can put artworks under a Creative Commons license, so, everyone will can use it,
or we can do a Red Hat-like licence and authorizes only certain companies - as the
above mentioned - to use it, however, there will be a chance to a new fork creation.