[Mageia-discuss] Artwork - Mageia Logo contest

Remy CLOUARD shikamaru at mandriva.org
Sat Sep 25 09:35:24 CEST 2010

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 05:27:21PM -0500, R James wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 4:33 PM, Remy CLOUARD <shikamaru at mandriva.org> wrote:
> > Let me put my 2 cents here :)
> >

> > And this is the result :
> >
> > http://www.flickr.com/photos/54217230@N05/5021464618/in/pool-1491252@N24/
> >
> > Black and white version :
> >
> > http://www.flickr.com/photos/54217230@N05/5021464608/in/pool-1491252@N24/
> >
> > When I first looked at it again, it made me think of this picture :
> > http://www.asdfing.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/facts_about_leonardo_da_vinci.jpg
> >

> Nice logo Remy!  :o)
>
> One trivia question:  Do the darkened hands (but not feet) outside of
> the circle represent something?
Hi :-)

Actually, I first did sharp corners for both the hand and the feet, and
I had the feeling the sharp corners for hands made it look a bit “evil”
so I thought rounded corners would be better.

I forgot to add the svg source for the logo, because flickr doesn’t seem
to take them. Here it is :

http://www.shikamaru.fr/attachments/download/127/mageia.svg

Thanks for your feedback !

Regards,