[Mageia-discuss] Artwork - Mageia Logo contest

Remy CLOUARD shikamaru at mandriva.org
Sat Sep 25 09:53:35 CEST 2010

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 07:14:06PM -0400, Marc Paré wrote:
> Le 2010-09-24 17:33, Remy CLOUARD a écrit :
> >On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 03:13:02PM +0300, Mihai Dobrescu wrote:
> >
> >And this is the result :
> >
> >http://www.flickr.com/photos/54217230@N05/5021464618/in/pool-1491252@N24/
> >
> >Black and white version :
> >
> >http://www.flickr.com/photos/54217230@N05/5021464608/in/pool-1491252@N24/
> >
> Nice logo. I like the fact that the actual logo is independent of
> the "Mageia" word. You could then easily use the logo alone where
> the situation presents itself. Nice logo to use for branding
> purposes. I imagine you could then adapt it to a defined colour
> scheme if there is on picked for the logo/website? Maybe, you could
> work out some examples of coloured versions to show how this would
> look?
Ok I’ve uploaded some other versions of the logo :

Bordeaux coloured (to please wobo :p) :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54217230@N05/5022564370/

Dark green colour :
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54217230@N05/5021957305/

Turquoise :
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54217230@N05/5021957391/

Purple :
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54217230@N05/5021957359/

Gold :
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54217230@N05/5022564414/

I had to put this one on a dark background, because the contrast wasn’t
good on a light background.

If you would like to test it with other colours, here is the svg
source:

http://www.shikamaru.fr/attachments/download/127/mageia.svg

> Nice.

Thanks a lot for the feedback !