[Mageia-discuss] Mailist etiquette -- gentle reminder

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Sat Sep 25 09:52:56 CEST 2010

Le vendredi 24 septembre 2010 à 14:21 -0400, Marc Paré a écrit :

> I really think it is easier if some people accept the responsibility of
> doing a gentle reminder every now and then to the list. It takes seconds
> to do this. However, it should be sent by someone who has an official
> designation to make impact/clout. This is normally done through the
> email identifier, in this case, "____ at mageia.org". It can be a temporary
> assignation till the organization is more structured. I am surprised
> that the email address assignation has not been addressed. It is such an
> easy thing to set up.

It is already working, that's just currently overlapping with zarb.org
accounts ( ie, most plf peoples already have such account, so does
frozen-bubble one and others ).

The issue is not a technical problem, but a organizational one. Ie who
should receive such aliases, and who decide this.

More ever, the beliefs that only official will have a impact is not
really in line with the empowerment of the community that should fuel
the project IMHO.

--
Michael Scherer