[Mageia-discuss] KDE 4.5.1

Mihai Dobrescu msdobrescu at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 12:35:39 CEST 2010

On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 12:37 PM, Oliver Burger
<oliver.bgr at googlemail.com>wrote:

> atilla ontas <tarakbumba at gmail.com>
> > 2010/9/25 Marc Paré <marc at marcpare.com>:
> > > Oh well, I thought it would be kind of neat/weird if he had packages
> > > already/almost complete to upgrade Mdv2010.1 to KDE4.5.1, that he could
> > > release them as a Mageia KDE 4.5.1. It would signal a sign of things to
> > > come. Most people would know that it would have been really for
> > > Mdv2010.1.
> > Isn't it too early to talk about KDE packages. No buildsystem or
> > servers have been set up yet.
>
> I think so, too. And it was said a number of times. Mageia is not created
> work against Mandriva. So why should we try to highjack packages? What do
> we
> win by this? I think we would only loose some credibility in the
> international
> OpenSource community.
>
> Oliver

OMG!
As user I wouldn't think you want to kill/destroy/blow up/whatever evil you
may imagine to do to Mandriva.
You just try to get the best for Mageia's users. Although the cutting edge
is not he best. I wish to have the newest possible (read stable) version
built in my distro.
Let's not be negative and hostile in thinking.
Yes, it is possible if Mageia is better than Mandriva to harm Mandriva...
Will you ever be one step back just not to harm it?
Actually, if Mageia will contribute to some important component as KDE is,
this will help all the distros around, including Mandriva. I'm sure they
will upgrade some component due to their plan, so it is not anybody's fault
if they decide to remain behind (to a certain version).