[Mageia-discuss] rpm or deb?

francisco monge a hellfranciscodrake at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 22:49:46 CEST 2010

El Sun, 26 Sep 2010 20:03:07 +0200
Sandro Cazzaniga <cazzaniga.sandro at gmail.com> escribió:
> Le Sun, 26 Sep 2010 13:44:38 -0400,
> Hoyt Duff <hoytduff at gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> > only thing i hate about mandriva is its rpm based packages
> > i prefer apt and deb pe
>
> It's a fork of Mandriva. Mandriva use rpm so mageia will probably use
> rpm too.
> Without it, we have to kill urpm* projects....

You can not even doubt that we must use packet types, the MCC is
designed to use and manage RPRDRAKE such packages. To change should
start from the ground, at least I guess. The advantages of RPR on the
DEB packages are not obvious but they exist and why many users prefer.
My apologies to those who think differently but almost absurd to
discuss this as the heart of this distro are RPM packages, its ease of
use and installation.