[Mageia-discuss] rpm or deb?

Carlos Daniel Ruvalcaba Valenzuela clsdaniel at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 23:55:51 CEST 2010

I personally found no practical advantage of using apt-get vs urpmi,
while apt has many nice features urpmi is also solid and works
perfectly in most common cases, the only problem you may have is with
malformed packages or with erroneous dependency information, in which
case the only advantage of apt-get is the fact that Debian takes a lot
of care of having correct and working packages, which most RPM based
distros does too (you may get problems with 3th party repos but that
is another problem).

Being a Mandriva fork we would logically stick with it's tools and
packaging system.

Regards,
Carlos Daniel Ruvalcaba Valenzuela