[Mageia-discuss] Mageia with Synaptic

Dwight Paige dwightpaige79 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 03:00:10 CEST 2010

>> So, while there is nothing wrong with .deb, this is "no".
> Thanks!
>
> Oliver

Just to clarify what I meant.

I ,humble user, know of nothing wrong with deb or rpm. AFAIK both work
just fine when used correctly. But Mageia is as stated a fork of
Mandriva which is a very well known descendant of Red Hat ergo rpm is
from the beginning the package management base. I wouldn't have thought
this to be a matter for discussion. And as Mandriva is my favorite
GNU/Linux distro I'm more than happy with that. If it ain't broke don't
fix it. (Doesn't mean you can't tweak it!)

I have learned something though. Late at night I need to be more careful
about responding to pointless discussions in the first place.

Best wishes to all,
Dwight Paige