[Mageia-discuss] who knows about site mageia-br?

andré andr55 at laposte.net
Tue Sep 28 18:52:35 CEST 2010

Wolfgang Bornath a écrit :
> 2010/9/28 Gustavo Ariel Giampaoli<giampaoli.gustavo at gmail.com>:
>
>>> I do not want to break threads and I want to follow the lists, so, any
>>> good advices what I can do?
>>>
>> You could use web GMail always. It works fine for me. But it's
>> because, as you, I user different machines. So I'd like to see always
>> the same. I use web GMail  only.
>>
> That's what I've been doing for the time being but then I read that
> Gmail breaks threads and limits the length of a thread, as Ahmad Sahir
> wrote. :(

The most critical point, as Ahmad said, is to never change the subject,
as Gmail will then start a new thread.
Google also starts a new thread after 100 messages, but that is much
less of a problem.

Note also that the default location for replies using Gmail by the web
is BEFORE the message being replied to.  To avoid "top-posting"
(replying before), please ensure that you insert your replies AFTER the
part you are replying to.  This makes it much easier for others to
follow the discussion, particularly if you are replying to multiple
parts of the same message.
And of course, deleting parts of the message to which you are not
replying also helps others follow your point(s).
- André :)