[Mageia-discuss] Package management system

Per Øyvind Karlsen peroyvind at mandriva.org
Thu Sep 30 01:14:21 CEST 2010

2010/9/29 Renaud MICHEL <r.h.michel+mageia at gmail.com>:
> On mercredi 29 septembre 2010 at 09:55, Per Øyvind Karlsen wrote :
>> Not really, I've been porting more or less most tools of the
>> distribution to rpm5 already.
>
> Is rpm5 compatible with rpm4?
> What I mean is, with a distribution based on rpm5, will packages created
> with rpm4 (likely from the latest current version) be installable without
> problem (provided the dependencies are met)?
Yupp. :)

Rpm5 support for current apt also exists already too btw., similar
things can easily be done within short time on most of requests given
or features desired if you'd be interested in adopting it and provided
with help in maintaining and developing it on Mageia if you'd decide
for it. ;)

At least now you know that we'll happily be available to you.  :o)
--
Regards,
Per Øyvind