[Mageia-discuss] Mageia Mirror size

Thomas Backlund tmb at iki.fi
Fri Oct 1 09:28:28 CEST 2010

Thomas Backlund skrev 1.10.2010 09:21:
> Olivier Thauvin skrev 1.10.2010 04:32:
>> Hi,
>>
> [...]
>> The current full Mandriva mirror is more than 1,2 TB.
>>
>> So an immediate question come: should we try to reduce the size ?
>>
>> There are solutions, but they implies changes in our development
>> process and have counter parts:
>> - using hardlink between RPM:
>>     - can be done for noarch inside a release
>
> Should be done.

Oh, and this is why I have suggested from time to time to break noarch
out of arch trees, so:

SRPMS
i586
x86_64

would turn into:

SRPMS
i586
noarch
x86_64

or given the -debug question even:

SRPMS
debug
i586
noarch
x86_64

And then add to the Mirroring FAQ (for endusers) that you need noarch in
addition to the arch you want to mirror.

Of course this means some changes to the upload system
(installer / mirror manager should be simple as they read media.cfg)

--
Thomas