[Mageia-discuss] Mageia Mirror size

Olivier Blin mageia at blino.org
Fri Oct 1 12:46:36 CEST 2010

Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> writes:

>> Oh, and this is why I have suggested from time to time to break noarch
>> out of arch trees, so:
>>
>> SRPMS
>> i586
>> x86_64
>>
>> would turn into:
>>
>> SRPMS
>> i586
>> noarch
>> x86_64
>
> We can simply do a hardlink for this, so no space is wasted and no need
> to have different directory ( of course, the hardlink must be done maybe
> it is already the case, didn't check ).

Yes, noarch are supposed to be hardlinked already.
But it could make the upload process simpler to have noarch in a
separate directory (no need to hardlink to all arches), and genhdlist2
faster (by splitting out a noarch hdlist).

BTW, we could also consider migrating to a PLF-like tree structure,
which looks better structured:

media/
  main/
    release/