[Mageia-discuss] Mageia Mirror size

Olivier Thauvin nanardon at nanardon.zarb.org
Fri Oct 1 13:11:09 CEST 2010

* Thomas Backlund (tmb at iki.fi) wrote:
> Olivier Thauvin skrev 1.10.2010 04:32:
>> Hi,
>>
> [...]
>>    - no resiging packages from cooker to stable at release (rpm changes,
>>      any possible hardlink get broken)
>
> If we resign the whole tree and relink it "offline", and then move the
> full tree online, does it still break downstream mirrors ?

After rpm --resign rpm differ between cooker and stable (the signature
changed). So hardlink between cooker and stable is impossible.

Howerver I have a script to redo hardlink, it allow me to win around 10GB
over the whole mandriva mirror.

> If we need to do the "move current -> old" dance, we need to be careful
> so mirrors does not end up resyncing another 100GB every time...
> (IIRC you had complaints about how it was done earlier at Mandriva, so
>  we need to remember those problems)

By "old" I mean a different tree mirrors can choose to mirror or not.
Not moving the distro from a directory to another.

In other words this mean archiving the distro and make it removed from
most of our mirror.

--

Olivier Thauvin
CNRS  -  LATMOS