[Mageia-discuss] Mageia Mirror size

Olivier Thauvin nanardon at nanardon.zarb.org
Fri Oct 1 17:37:17 CEST 2010

* Dick Gevers (dvgevers at xs4all.nl) wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Oct 2010 14:41:10 +0000, Dick Gevers wrote about Re:
> [Mageia-discuss] Mageia Mirror size:
>
> >Is this only due to the fact that stable has a different key than Cooker?

Yes, it is the reason.

> Stupid. Dependencies are different.

Of course this gain can only affect not updated packages, but we also
try to rebuild everything during release cycle, making rpm differents.

But there's still a gain, the mirror size do not suddently increase at
release time since at this time the new stable equal cooker and then all
files can hardlink'd.

Regards.

--

Olivier Thauvin