[Mageia-discuss] Wish List

André Machado afmachado at dcemail.com
Sat Oct 2 17:13:27 CEST 2010

> Given past experience with the x.0 releases of Mandrake/Mandriva
> perhaps we
> should start counting releases with x.1 ?

0 is lesser than 1 and is at its left on Euclidean straight ;)
But we need discuss how will be Mageia versioning. The first version
will be:

* Mageia 2011.0 ?
* Mageia 2001.1 ?
* Mageia 11.01 ? :D
* Mageia 1.0 ?

Once Association is formed, we need make a pool to choose codename.
Of course, some ideas, like Welcome Center, wallpapers - that nobody
spoke until now - and installer improvements need not be implemented
now. I think that very 1st Mageia version will be a Mandriva 2010.1
with all Mandriva names, art and logo replaced with Mageia ones.

We need to have priorities, to avoid that Mageia becames a new
Duke Nukem Forever.