[Mageia-discuss] Chinese translation for Mageia's page

Jiang Yike futureway at asia.com
Sun Oct 3 01:58:29 CEST 2010

2010/10/1 You-Cheng Hsieh wrote:
>Hello,
>Although some people can read both simplified and traditional Chinese
>characters, there are users who have difficulty reading one of them,
>either simplified or traditional.  I suggest no matter in any
>circumstances, we should not use only simplified or traditional
>Chinese translation to present a single "Chinese" page. Since you have
>already made your translation, we can put both zh-CN and zh-TW pages
>online for users of both different character forms.
>Regards,
>You-Cheng Hsieh

Hello! I still don't see the simplified Chinese page on the Mageia site.
What's wrong with my translation? Can you improve it? Or do you have a
better translation for simplified Chinese language? The translation has
been sent to you at Sep. 22, but now there still is no a clear reply.

There are many large difference between Chinese and English. For some
words such as "fork", it's very difficult to give a exactly literal
translation, so a free translation is given. Many Chinese phrases also
are very difficult to be exactly translated into English.  In Chinese IT
media, "fork" is always translated into "分支" (branch) or "衍生"
(derivative). It is a customary translation.

Since you said that simplified Chinese translation is only
representative of simplified Chinese language, so, please add a page
which link is "zh-CN" and name is "简体中文".

Take care!

Jiang Yike (the nickname "Linux Lover" in Mandriva official forum, and I
have registered a nickname "ake" in this site)