[Mageia-discuss] Mailing List to Web Forum Bidirectional Gateway

Tux99 tux99-mga at uridium.org
Sun Oct 3 07:09:28 CEST 2010

Quote: Adrian Marcinkowski wrote on Sun, 03 October 2010 07:01

> One question, though. How did you handle registrations? Is posting on
> the forums restricted to people registered to the ML? Can users sign up
>
> on the board which will automatically sign them up to the ML?

Like I said in the first post, the forum software creates automatically a
new forum user for all users that post on the MLs.

The other way round is not doable with this test setup, users that register
on the forum but not on the ML will be able to post, but their posts will
go in the manual approval queue of the ML (just like when someone posts on
gmane and hasn't subscribed to the ML).
This is how the Mageia MLs are configured, I cannot do anything about that
myself.

Since this forum software package supports LDAP, on the future official
forum all user registration could be centralised on LDAP, so I imagine it
could be possible to automatically approve posts from the forum to the ML
for users that aren't subscribed to the ML.