[Mageia-discuss] Wish List

Morgan Leijström fri at tribun.eu
Sun Oct 3 10:36:52 CEST 2010

Den 2010-10-02 23:26:19 skrev Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI:

> I question whether we should be iron-bound to a fixed number, of
> whether we should wheel out a new release when it is ready and fit for
> consumption.

I agree.

First, i do not like date-named versions at all.

Why not just increment the number each release.
Mageia 1, Mageia 2 etc ?

Second, releases should be stable!

So goals should be set for "next version" but not carved in stone.
For example if KDE6 still is not stable when Mageia is sheduled for release
including KDE6 it should either be delayed until stable, changed to stable
version and released.  And task-upgradet-KDE6 in testing, and when stable in
backport.