[Mageia-discuss] Mailing List to Web Forum Bidirectional Gateway

Tux99 tux99-mga at uridium.org
Sun Oct 3 14:16:57 CEST 2010

Quote: Michael Scherer wrote on Sun, 03 October 2010 12:27

> s/delayed/delayed or erased/.
>
> I do not want to have the burden of manually approve 50 messages each
> day. While for the moment, I approves some of them and I can
> understand
> that people may do a error, if there is too much of them, I will
> prefer
> to use a strong incentive to make the user correct this after sending
> one or two warnings.

Well, that makes perfect sense, but OTOH you could whitelist the IP address
of the dedicated mail server used by the ML<>forum gateway (it's a postfix
install running on the same server as the forum and used ONLY for the
forum<>ML gateway so whitelisting it wouldn't increase any spam risk).

Or if/when this gateway is on the future official forum, then all you would
need to do is make mailman check the email address in LDAP, so people don't
have to be needlessly subscribed to the list when they read it though the
forum, it would be sufficient for them to be forum members (i.e.
registered in LDAP).

So there are possible solutions that don't involve manual work for you and
at the same time make the life easier for the users.