[Mageia-discuss] Wish List

Tux99 tux99-mga at uridium.org
Sun Oct 3 16:49:00 CEST 2010

Quote: marc wrote on Sun, 03 October 2010 16:39

> Nice of you to point this out. Although the choice of modem should be
> the users' responsibility (winmodems are usually hard to configure)

With laptops it's unfortunately not the users' choice, unless the user adds
an external modem in addition to the in-built winmodem (which wouldn't be
ideal), so I agree, support for winmodem would be still very useful.

I have a laptop with winmodem and it actually works fine with Mandriva
2008.1 (haven't tried never releases).