[Mageia-discuss] Wish List

Ireneusz Gierlach irek.gierlach at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 18:47:35 CEST 2010

  On 10/03/2010 12:34 PM, Denis MARCOUREL wrote:
> For the versions' name :
> - "Les goûts et les couleurs ne se discutent pas" (in french in the
> text...) : those of development can have any name that is easy to
> manage, and the stable version should be salable. A good compromise can
> be, for example :
> =>  Mageia 2011 Mandrake, Mageia 2013 Sorceress, Mageia 2015 Houdini, ...
> (with the year and names or terms of magic).

I think we have to avoid using "Mandrake" as there already was a problem
with that in Mandriva...
But other than that I like the naming convention. But I think release
cycles should be different.

Linux development is much faster than two or three years ago, and having
one release per 9 months might be too slow. I was thinking something
like three times a year with dev releases in between. However; I think
that if something is not ready to go in the main distro it shouldn't be
pushed, so with tight scheduling features that are not ready are not
going to be problematic to the end user.