[Mageia-discuss] Mailing List to Web Forum Bidirectional Gateway

Renaud MICHEL r.h.michel+mageia at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 22:03:37 CEST 2010

On dimanche 03 octobre 2010 at 21:31, Frederic Janssens wrote :
> > but with this gateway, their messages would be
> > posted to the MLs with their email
>
> As far as I know, this is not the case.
> I posted a message from the test forum,
> http://mageia.linuxtech.net/forum/
> and it appears 'normally' on the ML (the same as if I had posted on the
> ML) No private email to see.

But you are already registered to this ML, so this is not a problem.
But if someone register only on the forum, does the messages they post (and
which are subject to moderation actually) on the forum is also posted on the
ML with the email they registered to the forum?
If so, then their email will be posted to the ML while they might be
thinking it was only used internally by the forum and not posted anywhere.

--
Renaud Michel