[Mageia-discuss] Wish List

Ahmad Samir ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 22:18:16 CEST 2010

On 3 October 2010 20:57, Graham Lauder <yorick_ at openoffice.org> wrote:
> On Monday 04 Oct 2010 02:56:41 Robert Wood wrote:
>> On 03/10/10 14:09, Tux99 wrote:
>> > Hmm, so we could make everyone happy by using an numbered version plus a
>> > nickname (just like Ubunbtu does).
>>
>> As long as the names are not the horrible, kitsch and embarrassing style
>> names that Canonical use!
>
> Actually, Ubuntu's naming convention is perfect for their target market, there
> must be something right about it because it certainly hasn't hurt their market
> share.
>
> Besides which doing something because of a negative attitude is not a good
> idea.  We should learn from there mistakes and make sure we don't repeat them
> rather than trying to avoid what was patently successful for them.  :)
>
> Cheers
> GL
>
> --
> Graham Lauder,
> OpenOffice.org MarCon (Marketing Contact) NZ
> http://marketing.openoffice.org/contacts.html
>
> OpenOffice.org Migration and training Consultant.
>
> INGOTs Assessor Trainer
> (International Grades in Open Technologies)
> www.theingots.org

Personally I like the tongue-in-cheek names in the Linux world (e.g.
cat, dog, grep). Developers don't necessarily need to be a bunch of
uptight code hackers... :)

However I don't follow the ubuntu news that closely (but Opaque Okapi
does sound nice, somehow rhymes with Obi-Wan Kenobi).

--
Ahmad Samir