[Mageia-discuss] Wish List

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Sun Oct 3 13:17:01 CEST 2010

Le samedi 02 octobre 2010 à 17:26 -0400, Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI a écrit :
> On Saturday 02 October 2010, my mailbox was graced by a missive
>  from Ahmad Samir <ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com> who wrote:
>
> > You want more releases per year?
>
> No, I question whether we should be iron-bound to a fixed number, of whether
> we should wheel out a new release when it is ready and fit for consumption.

No one make sure the release is ready without deadline. If we don't say
"we release on $release_date", people will still continue to upload
packages as usual.

Now, if you want a release process like debian, I think you can simply use debian. Of course,
it has its flaws ( like being long to actually do a release, go out with slightly outdated software
that do not suit everybody, and produce lots of flamewar of the "readyness" of the distribution ).

--
Michael Scherer