[Mageia-discuss] IRC community channels - need a ruling from the board

Thorsten van Lil tvl83 at gmx.de
Mon Oct 4 09:41:56 CEST 2010

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: mageia-discuss-bounces at mageia.org [mailto:mageia-discuss-bounces at mageia.org] Im Auftrag von Oliver Burger

>I do think, that standardization commitees like the ISO (which in fact is an
>US american organization, just widely acknowledged) should go out andf look at
>reality before they decide on what is the standard.
>Of course, I am young enough to lear to change from de to ger, but the
>question is: does it make any sense at all?

>Oliver

As already mentioned in this thread. We have to differentiate between the language code and the country code. Both are standardized by the ISO. The German language code for example is 'de' where the country code ... hmmm if I look at the ISO 3166 the country code is DE too. But nevertheless, what I want to say is, that an IRC Channel per language is usefull but a channel per country is useless (IMHO). So we should focus at the language code, if there is a need of a standardization.

Regards,
TeaAge