[Mageia-discuss] UPDATE: Mailing List to Web Forum Bidirectional Gateway

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Mon Oct 4 14:57:25 CEST 2010

> - Last thing: as I said in my first post, my ML forum gateway is not a
> permanent setup, but rather a temporary solution until the official
> forum has an equivalent feature.
> I will keep this forum running until the official forum has an
> equivalent gateway.

If anything that we should be is thankful for the temporary use of your
forums., You have shown how the gateway does work. It is a good working
model that the official forums, even if the tools are different, could
take a serious look at. If this model works for communication between
all the participating groups, well, that is one step in the "we should
have", where the official forums developers can consider explored. They
will not have to wonder if the community can operate in such a system
when the groups were voluntarily and reacting positively to it.

So I wonder, is Tux99 part of the official forums dev group? He could
obviously bring good experience and advice to the group.

Thanks for the temporary use of the forums! Quite impressive!

Marc