[Mageia-discuss] IRC community channels - need a ruling from the board

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 4 16:56:48 CEST 2010

Marc Paré <marc at marcpare.com> schrieb am 2010-10-04
> > I would write "Ukraine" if I were to send a mailing package there. That's
> > the way it's done at least in Germany...
> Ok, but what to the other German citizens use? Do the as well use the
> full name or do they not follow a country code set by the postal
> authority? The same question in other European countries?
I think, most people use the full name, when writing letters to other
countries. I can't speak of other European countries but the Germans do.
And I think one of the reasons is, there are many national states in a small
area compared to Northern America. And most people wouldn't even know, what
the county codes for most of their neighbours are. If you would ask me, I
couldn't say I knew even one without looking it up.

Oliver