[Mageia-discuss] IRC community channels - need a ruling from the board

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 4 20:03:44 CEST 2010

2010/10/4 Marc Paré <marc at marcpare.com>:

> BTW ... did you know that there is an ISO standard for the date format? Hey,
> but that's could be for another discussion. LOL

Yes, this is due to the point that Oliver mentioned before: those
"standards" are made by a certain group which is located in one region
and accustomed to that region's language and ways to do things. Who in
some other country could imagine what that "T" is there for?

We do have official standards in Germany for official letters, usable
in legal battles - use this date format and your letter may be useless
in court (I'm a bit exaggerating here, I know) because this so-called
standard does not match the German standard for time stamps. But, ok,
most people do not know about that date standard anyway. A good
feature for a standard.