[Mageia-discuss] Mageia governance model draft

Maarten Vanraes maarten.vanraes at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 23:33:35 CEST 2010

Op maandag 04 oktober 2010 18:54:51 schreef Remco Rijnders:
> On Mon, Oct 04, 2010 at 03:26:39PM +0200, Romain d'Alverny wrote:
> > To summarize, the whole project is organized in several groups:
> >  * Mageia project Teams (developers, packagers, docs, translators,
> >  designers,
> >
> >    etc. sponsored/mentored from the whole community),
> >
> >  * Mageia project Community Council (people elected from each team),
> >
> >  * Mageia association members (basically, founding association members &
> >  past
> >
> >    members of the council who can be on and elect the board),
> >
> >  * Mageia project & association Board (direction of the project).
>
> Romain,
>
> I read on the wiki that the association members are expected to attend
> general assembly meetings, which I understand are to take place in some
> physical location. Missing two of these meetings in a row is reason to be
> stripped of "active member" status.
>
> Would this not make it harder for people in certain geographical regions
> (say, outside Europe or France) to become an association member, even when
> they spend a lot of their free time dedicated to the project? Right now it
> seems biased towards locations with the most board members (France).
>
> Remco

tbf, i think its logical to have the physical location on the place around
where most of the board members live. on the wiki it seemed not to specify
exactly _that_ location, i suspect if somehow, there's a totally diff group of
board members over time (which i really doubt, it would be bad for continuity
for the project), they would simply choose another place.