[Mageia-discuss] [Doc Team] Proposal, questions ?

Marek Laane bald at smail.ee
Fri Oct 8 22:43:43 CEST 2010

2010/10/7 Anne nicolas <ennael1 at gmail.com>

> Hi
>
> > At this time I doubt that we would be producing hardcopy manuals but
> > whatever documentation we produce should be of the same or better quality
> > as those we produced then. That is; we should aim to use quality writing
> > and screenshots and regardless of anything else what is produced it
> should
> > be in a print-ready form for ease of reference.
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> Sure! Just keep in mind we cannot reuse mdv documentation because of
> licence (at least from 2005). I spoke with Camille (from Neodoc). He
> seems ok to give a hand and host Calenco platform for Mageia doc. It
> means we would have real tool that fits doc team needs: manage
> documentation project, translations, writters, readers...

Could be good but if it will be used, please remember provide some
documentation how exactly to translate, also. Being not able to understand
how it works (besides short-lived experiment providing PO-files for
translation) was and is IMHO main reason why Mandriva documentation is
translated quite a few languages.

Marek Laane