[Mageia-discuss] Install Mageia from Windows

Lucien-Henry Horvath tempo2 at marneau.eu
Sun Oct 10 20:44:48 CEST 2010

Le 09/10/2010 17:09, Adrien Touminet a écrit :
>  Hello everyone !
>
> Is there any plans to make an installer Windows => Mageia (like wubi
> for ubuntu) ? Migration would be easier for a newby, so what do you
> think about that ?
>
> cordially
Hi,

I can just to give my own experience with my PC's company (lenovo T60)
under Windows Xp.
==> The administrators had disabled the possibility to boot from USB key
or DVD-Rom.

The solutions aborded in the differents branch of thread are not
sufficients. Only an installation based on wubi.exe and the ubuntu 10.04
iso was possible for have a first installation in a big file on ntfs ...
but with a dual-boot.
In second time, I have made my installation directly on the disk
(without the big file), but I have used for that the dual-boot installed
with wubi.

So, if you have a solution for install Mageia without a DVD/CD-Rom or
USB key and directly since an executable played under windows (from
network other from an non burned iso) ... that's will be great.

Thanks.