[Mageia-discuss] Install Mageia from Windows

Hoyt Duff hoytduff at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 00:36:59 CEST 2010

On Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 8:16 PM, Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI
<renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org> wrote:
> On Saturday 09 October 2010, my mailbox was graced by a missive
>  from André Machado <afmachado at dcemail.com> who wrote:
>
>> Or maybe we can use an existing application like UnetBootIn or put on CD
>>  some w32 application like Win32ImageWriter.
>
> Nothing against putting MS progs on the CD, but do not forget there are people
> out there who do not have Windows...

 I believe that the imtent was to provide on the disc a freely
distributable win32 application that could burn a DVD/CD from an ISO
image since MS Windows lacks that ability natively. In the early days
of Linux, it was common to see some win16 or DOS apps for
re-partitioning and so on. The idea is to assist the newbie.

And if you lack MS Windows, you can always use WINE ... 8)

--
Hoyt