[Mageia-discuss] How about launching "Mageia working parties"?

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 14:19:08 CEST 2010

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 13:40, Sinner from the Prairy
<sinnerbofh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Romain d'Alverny wrote:
>
>> There needs to be some sort of formal designation (to know who is
>> working with whom and on what) as well as progress/final reporting and
>> archives of discussions or results. But that's something to iron out
>> of practice.
>
> The idea of ad-hoc work teams ("Mageia Commandos") sounds good.
>
> Only one comment, though.
>
> I like more the "show me the code" approach:
>
> * someone has an idea
> * a group spontaneously forms and starts working on the idea, without rigid
> formal designation
> * when they start producing some result, then is the time to formally
> integrate the work group into Mageia's "mainstream".

Of course, but that happens everywhere, at anytime anyway. There's
nothing against that. And nothing specific to Mageia.

Here, it's not being rigid, it's publishing/documenting the current
work (that may take 1 night or 3 months to run): who does it, what
ideas are in/out, what are the expected outcomes, unknowns, needs,
what will need to be improved, etc.

Note that it's not because a group completed something that it _will_
fit into "mainstream". It may as well come to a conclusion that it's
just not a fit, or that it will be used in some other area or
differently, or... anything. Anyway, there would be a track,
documents, code, designs, drafts.

Romain