[Mageia-discuss] Mageia logo proposals and selection

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Wed Oct 13 19:59:25 CEST 2010

Le 2010-10-13 13:39, Wolfgang Bornath a écrit :
> 2010/10/13 Marc Paré<marc at marcpare.com>:
>>
>> I think Graham is trying to voice (I agree with him at this point) is that
>> the marketing/communications committee is working through steps that lead to
>> branding suggestions. We are almost done with the groundwork and holding off
>> a bit would help us in completing and presenting our suggestions.
>
> As I wrote I do agree as well.
>
>> This is not a case of branding a targeted group at this point but the
>> overall flavour of the Mageia brand.
>
> Uh, sorry, I thought he wrote "identifying target markets", may be I
> did not read it right? I am not talking about the time when this will
> be done but rather voice another warning about being too restrictive
> while doing that "indentifying target markets", whenever that will be.
> I still remember the previous discussion about such restrictive
> targets as "young couples" and the like, basing the procedure on
> demographic statistics of certain parts of the world.

Thanks Wolfgang.

Your concerns have been well received. Just keep reminding us of this. I
think "targeting groups" campaign can be better described as projects to
enlarge the Mageia family branches. It is not, in any way, meant to
dilute the main vision behind the Mageia project. In my opinion the
Mageia distro should be seen as an "open arms and welcoming distro"
rather than a "crossed arms and restrictive distro".

Marc