[Mageia-discuss] Mageia logo proposals and selection

J.A. Magallón jamagallon at ono.com
Thu Oct 14 11:18:15 CEST 2010

On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 11:17:18 +0300, Thomas Backlund <tmb at iki.fi> wrote:

> >> Yep. as long as it's not driven to a point where we offend/repel parts
> >> of the community.
> >
> > I think you miss the point here, this statement applies to any predefined
> > group, that could be developers,  why should communicating with one group
> > alienate another.  All I'm saying is that we need to communicate and we need
> > to shape that communication to the particular audience.
> >

> Problem is that if we push too hard on a "This group of people could
> benefit..." it often turns into "Its only for 'This group of people'",
> you better use ...

You could always change the marketing hype from 'This is for you' to
'What do you want ? We have it !', and state different lists of 'what
we have' for different groups. So you're promoting the _same_ distro,
not different brands/versions, for everyone. And at the end...
'we even have a predefined package set for you to install your servers
or your desktops, your office or gaming box, no funny package cherry picking...'.

--
J.A. Magallon <jamagallon()ono!com>     \               Software is like sex:
                                         \         It's better when it's free