[Mageia-discuss] about the Mageia Code of Conduct

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 20 15:06:34 CEST 2010

2010/10/20 Frederic Janssens <fjanss at gmail.com>:

> So I think that should be reflected in this document by avoiding to suggest
> that one must be in the one or the other category. We should emphasise that
> there is a continuum of involvement, not a jump into another status.

IMHO it is reflecting the 2 groups very well. The second part does not
say that users are not involved, quite the contrary. It says that
users can add value to the project through their support. This is
exactyl what I've been doing for mandriva and will do for Mageia. I do
not see me as a contributor who improves the distribution because I've
never added one line of code to any part of the distribution and most
likely I will not do it for Mageia because I do not have the necessary
knowledge/skills. I am a user who adds value to the project by
supporting other users with answers, documentation, translation,
communication, etc.

Reading the 2 descriptions carefully reveals that both groups are
defined very well. It's nowhere written that somebody can not be a
member of both groups (if I could code or package I'd see me in both
groups).

But this is only my 2K Euros worth. As this text is open for review,
you're very welcome to propose a better text which describes your
understanding of this "our community is made up....".

--
wobo