[Mageia-discuss] Suggestions

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 21 01:16:36 CEST 2010

2010/10/21 J.A. Magallón <jamagallon at ono.com>:

> Nowadays, all boxes are 64bit. Even a low-end netbook I bought recently
> (aspireone 532h) has an Atom N450, which is 64 bit, and has 1Gb of
> RAM.

Hmm, I have 2 boxes here which refuse installation of a 64-bit
Mandriva. One is a Netbook 1 year old. I am sure that many people
still have 32-bit machines. One of the slogans of Linux is its low
resources profile, how many times did I read that people took their
machine which will not run Windows Vista and installed Linux, saving
them from buying a new machine?

> Even that are needed. In my N450 I run exactly the same soft than
> in my desktop.

Yes, that's what I do as well. But many machines especially in the
Linux community are not powerful enough for the "I want it all"
approach. That's why we created the LXDE edition and it was welcomed
very nicely by the community (read the forum threads about it).

So, yes, For me, myself, and mine I'm with you to have one general
"all inclusive" DVD (exclusive games and education editions), but that
does not prevent the communities or single people to create special
purpose editions. I did not say that such editions are a must-have :)

--
wobo