[Mageia-discuss] about the Mageia Code of Conduct

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Thu Oct 21 21:45:24 CEST 2010

Le 2010-10-21 03:42, Romain d'Alverny a écrit :
> On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 08:49, Wolfgang Bornath<molch.b at googlemail.com>  wrote:
>> But, as I already wrote: why not erase the complete chapter "Our
>> community is made up..." It does not add anything relevant to the CoC.
>> This chapter gives information about the community, but a CoC is not
>> there to give information, it is there to give advice and a set of
>> rules for communication / interaction.
>
> Agreed. That would keep the CoC on focus.
>
> Excellent points nonetheless about the wording - this could be reused
> in an other presentation document about the project and the community.
>

> Romain

Now that I re-read it, having this section is really not that important.
We have most likely defined the definition of a user and of contributors
(both = members -- I think this is being discussed on another thread) in
another section. No need to re-define it. Otherwise, we should just
copy/paste from the definition from the section where it defines who is
a user/contributor.

Anyway, I agree with Wobo also, in that, you could just delete this and,
in my opinion, it would then seem to enlarge its meaning as if to
suggest members (users and contributors) and any other person (visitor).
Removing it just seems to make it more universal rather than selective.

Marc